Thack-Attackin

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

When you're Thacktastic, life can get a little crazy. So it is with Nikki and I. So, true to form, here is a quick catch-up of what we've been up to the last couple months.

One weekend we got to hang out with Layton and Haylie, our niece and nephew. And the fun times did roll. This was us at the BYU hockey game. It was one of my proudest moments, as Layton TOTALLY got into the game. He couldn't peel his eyes away from the ice the whole time... My real tear-jerker moment was when he turned and looked at me and said, "Uncle Matt, I LOVE this game." My eyes are getting misty just thinking about it. Not a visit to his house goes by that he doesn't want to play hockey on the hardwood floors... him being BYU and me being the "black" team (BYU's opponent that night).

Later it was off to Thacker manor... which I guess can get kind of cold at night since the kids insisted on toasting their butts by our space heater. I think Layton wanted privacy or something because he's looking at us like we're part of the paparazzi.








Their favorite place in our entire house is the TV Room where they get to sleep on the blowup bed and have a "theatre" (a term they made up meaning they turn all the lights off and watch a movie with drinks and popcorn). We take all requests for movies, but it usually boils down to Alvin and the Chipmunks, Over the Hedge, and Garfield's Holiday. And yes, this is my National Geographic shot of Layton eating popcorn. He is not spewing it out, come on people!




And, what would Uncle Matt and Aunt Nikki's house be without some jumping around and other activities they can't do at home? That's us, undermining parental authority, one kid at a time.









The next night we hit up the Utah Grizzlies game with everybody. And I mean EVERYBODY. Family members, best friends, first dates (for Katie), everything. Here's me, Nikki, Penguins jersey, and Derek. Yeah, he's the one with the huge head.

5 comments:

Hild Family said...

I was totally cracking up reading that that now I have tears! You got some really funny pictures there. I'm glad you had a good time with the kids. They sure love you guys, even more than us sometimes- I'm sure it has something to do with you spoiling them all the time. Thanks for a good laugh- the kids enjoyed it too! Love ya!

Willie said...

Everyone eh! I see how it is.

Mackay Family said...

Glad that you are known as the "cool" aunt and uncle! I got Tanner a shirt that you would love...hockey. It was fun to see you last night!

Raffy Taffy said...

I love the jersey!

~~~~ said...

That is the best shirt I have EVER seen you wear.

EVER